The mind is a fragile thing. Why is it that one person has the ability to carve out the most amazing life and create/manifest all they desire and more? Where another spirals down into a life of being destitute, using drugs and being in total fear for their life and cannot see a way forward or their part in it.
I had a counselling session with a counsellor that uses Choice Theory. It was deeply insightful as the questions he asked promoted me to consider the language I use and how I would like my life to look different. He led me from a space where I felt I had little or no control into a space where anything is possible.
This is my one precious life and I am taking it with both hands… and that is my choice.
7 strategies to make great choices:
- Take you time - reflect on priorities and goals, take stock of the benefits
- Reduce stress – focus on living a life that is content, choose simple, interesting options. Say no.
- Accept that there may be multiple paths – there is no wrong decision. There is only learning and growth.
- Breathe and go with the flow – its ok to feel resistance but it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. Brave choices can mean a positive change.
- You are a human being, not a human doing. Who you are is more important that what you do.
- Seek others out that have faced tough choices – reflect on them, they may bring clarity.
- Trust your process – you will grow and learn.